Cumbria reaches new levels of Michelin Stars
The culinary county has once again been highlighted as it secures a total of 16 Michelin Stars across 13 restaurants, solidifying its position as a global epicentre for gastronomic excellence. This accolade includes 15 coveted Michelin Stars and one Michelin Green Star, further cementing the county's reputation as a premier destination for discerning food enthusiasts.
This recent achievement propels Cumbria's standing as the county with the highest number of Michelin-starred restaurants per capita outside of London. The addition of Cedar Tree Restaurant at Farlam Hall and Lake Road Kitchen Ambleside to the esteemed list of Michelin-starred establishments in the MICHELIN Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2024 underscores the region's commitment to culinary innovation and excellence.
Renowned for offering unparalleled dining experiences, Michelin-starred restaurants in Cumbria attract foodies from across the globe seeking the finest culinary creations and exceptional service.
The full list of Michelin Stars in Cumbria now includes:
- L’Enclume, Cartmel (three stars + green star)
- Rogan & Co, Cartmel (one star)
- Allium at Askham Hall, Askham (one star)
- Cottage in the Wood, Braithwaite (one star)
- Cedar Tree Restaurant, Brampton (one star) NEW
- Old Stamp House, Ambleside (one star)
- SOURCE at Gilpin Hotel, Windermere (one star)
- Pentonbridge Inn, Penton (one star)
- The Samling, Windermere (one star)
- The Dog & Gun Inn, Skelton (one star)
- The Forest Side, Grasmere (one star)
- Lake Road Kitchen, Ambleside (one star) NEW
- HEFT, Newton in Cartmel (one star)
Cumbria's flourishing culinary landscape continues to captivate and delight food enthusiasts, solidifying its status as a beacon of gastronomic excellence on the world stage.
Hrishikesh Desai, Chef Patron at Cedar Tree Restaurant comments, “To receive a Michelin Star within a year of our new beginnings at Farlam Hall is a testament of what can be achieved if you put your mind to it. Of course, this is not an individual effort, the entire team Farlam Hall has contributed towards this wonderful accolade. Our guests, our suppliers & our well-wishers have supported us enormously & we are thankful to them. Thank you Michelin Guide UK for honouring us with this accolade, we will ensure its continuity as well as strive hard to be good ambassadors for the Guide. This accolade is not taken for granted & we will work hard by evolving our food & service standards regularly.”